In Cluj with CX, parking brake problem

motor, cutie de viteze, directie, rulmenti, bucse....

Moderator: Echipa Tehnica

petervanlint
de-abia inscris

In Cluj with CX, parking brake problem

Mesajde petervanlint » Dum 24-Iul-2011 22:26

First a short introduction of myself. My name is Peter, I live in the Netherlands. I have a CX 25 GTI from 1985 (1st series).
I'm sorry that I hardly know any Romanian, so I write in English.
I come to Cluj often for my work, usually by airplane.

At this moment I am in Cluj with the CX. I drove to Cluj from Holland, just to do it for once and because it seemed nice to me to do this with the CX. I will be in Cluj until August 6.

Yesterday I noticed a problem: the parking brake doesn't work anymore. The normal brakes work OK.
I don't really want to drive back to Holland without a working parking brake, because it is also an emergency brake when the normal brakes fail.

My question is: is there someone in Cluj who knows about old Citroens and who can do the repair? I don't want to go to the regular Citroen dealer because my experience is that they don't know anything about these old Citroens. The setting mechanism of the parking brake is quite complicated in a CX.

mbc
pasionat
Masina: Citroen C5 2.0 HDI 2004

Mesajde mbc » Dum 24-Iul-2011 22:38

Hello,

You should contact Mihai Sandor. This is his cellphone number: +40744877011. He has a car repair shop 20 kilometers outside Cluj-Napoca. He also speaks English. He repairs many BXs and Xantias, I recall seeing a CX there one time.

If you can't reach him, please write back here.
"If in doubt, flat out!"

jgr1001
pasionat

Mesajde jgr1001 » Lun 25-Iul-2011 06:54

Hi,

Also, expect to replace the parking brake pads and/or the brake discs. I had the same problem on my 78 Cx. The parking brake is tricky to adjust and it doesn't work anymore if the discs or the pads are to worn

Good luck!

petervanlint
de-abia inscris

Mesajde petervanlint » Lun 25-Iul-2011 07:51

Thanks both for your fast reply, this works as good as the Dutch Citroen forum!

I will call Mihai today.

petervanlint
de-abia inscris

Mesajde petervanlint » Mar 26-Iul-2011 22:14

I've discussed with Mihai today about repairing the hand brake. After that I decided to drive back to Holland and have it repaired there.

First reason: According to Mihai it would be difficult to find parts in Romania, for instance the brake pads. So probably I would have to order them in Holland or Germany.
Second reason: The main brakes are working good, so I can drive safely back to Holland.

So thank you very much for your replies! :prayer:

Any Citroen drivers in Cluj-Napoca who would like to have a meeting somewhere this week or next week?

Imagine

jgr1001
pasionat

Mesajde jgr1001 » Mie 27-Iul-2011 07:18

I've bought the whole set (front discs, main brake pads, hand brake pads) from here; only the discs had to be shipped from Hungary (and it took 2 days), the pads were available the same day. I did that here in Bucharest.

The cost for the whole package was 450 ron (110 euro)

Înapoi la “Mecanica - CX”